List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: HTML export filter (was: Re: OOWriter export)
From:       Zack Rusin <zackrat () att ! net>
Date:       2003-06-19 19:55:56

On Thursday 19 June 2003 17:29, nicolasg@snafu.de wrote:
> Well, for now HTML export filter is the most useful filter for KWord,
> as long as we do not know the qualitiy of the RTF export filter. (It
> has many bugs opened for now.) So personally I would be careful
> before changing it, especially of what seems rather extended changes.

Well, the usefulness of that filter is highly objective. For me it's
useless, since it exports less than the ascii export filter. Why less?
Try exporting any table - you'll get nothing, not even the text from
the table is exported, it's just ignored. Furthermore try to insert a
new text frame - its contents will be appended at the very end of the
html file completely neglecting its placement in the original document.
To see all those and a few others try exporting the following two page
document to html : http://www.automatix.de/~zack/test.kwd . So between
dissapearing and missplaced text I don't think there's a lot that could
be broken.

> I am sorry but I am not currently in the position of tracking and
> verifying changes but the "fix" for bug 59029 means that I am already
> forced to do it.

Not in the best mood or have you been watching a lot of drama lately?
You sounded like my fix would cause serious regressions and cost you
days of forced work. In fact it fixed probably 5 out of 10 cases where
the bug occurred and didn't cause ANY regressions. If something doesn't
break anything and still fixes some occurrences of a bug - it's still a
fix albeit not perfect. Anyway, I fixed it properly in the cvs.

Zack