List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Automatic text summarizer
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2003-06-04 15:59:29

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 15:47, Nadav Rotem wrote:

> I think it would be nice if KWord had this feature. OTS provides a cool
> interface for programs to use and its pretty trivial to implement a
> plugin for;

Hi Nadav,

this is indeed very interesting. However, I think that KDE doesn't use
glib2, so this would be a new requirement which would probably be
considered too heavy for just one feature. Of course KWord could still
call the binary. This would require that OTS's name and options won't
change, to avoid problems with future releases. I won't have time to add
OTS support to KWord, but calling a binary is simple enough so there's a
good chance that someone else will take care of this (although not
necessarily for the next KOffice release).

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de