Hi, >> Mabe I misunderstand something, but if you decouple KCanvasElement from >> the >> actual renderer, you have to >> make the document classes (KCanvasDocument / VDocument) a more complex >> class hierarchy than I thought. >> My idea was to make KCanvasDocument itself a rather "intelligent" class, >> at >> least it could handle rendering by calling the appropriate rendering >> methods from its canvas elements. Because the document knows enough >> about >> its elements, it could handle things like optimized rendering (drawing >> only >> the parts which are afected from the latest changes. >> I your proposal you seem to have to implement this functionality in >> children of KCanasDocument, i.e. in KarbonDocument, UmbrelloDocument, >> KiioDocument, separately? > > these aren't issues we should be worried about right now. my primary > concern > is getting kpainter and opal in line. so i have somewhere to go on my > umbrello work. i figure if i can have a good object hierarchy for drawing > and > a good rendering surface/api, then the canvas will be easy. I understand that, its good you see the higher level picture, because I sometimes surely dont see it :) BTW speaking of canvas, maybe we should take a look at http://wxart2d.sourceforge.net/ for canvas ideas. Cheers, Rob. _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel