List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Uml-devel] Re: karbon/umbrello
From:       "rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl" <rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-21 15:39:41

Hi,

>interesting - i don't really know ruby, but i can guess enough to know
>what's
>going on :)

Well, it seems pretty readable, I agree.

>the design doesn't look overly different from the design of karbon's
>stuff. in
>fact, i'd say it looks identical - different language, but no real
>differences. i'm not really sure what extra input you might need for this
>project. its been a pretty solid design for quite some time. changing the
>language shouldn't really affect that :)

It uses a lot of the same ideas, some slightly different. BTW you dont have
to restrict yourself to the ruby version, I put my stuff in cplusplus/.
I suppose you are more "dependent" on kpainter and some canvas, that may be
more important to umbrello2 right now. Still, I think OPAL should be used
as a base for karbon/umrello2/kivio, so now is your chance to have a think
about the Child/Parent/Morph structure and gripes about the API used :-)
Cheers,

Rob.