List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kexi out of 1.3?
From:       Lucijan Busch <lucijan () gmx ! at>
Date:       2003-05-11 9:25:03

dear list,

i feel preatty bad while writting this message.
        after we had a discussion with kexi's core team we decided that there
is a
need to get kexi more stable and mature (code as well as app).
however we don't think that it is possible to compleate these tasks for beta 2
which implicates no changes in api and messages until 1.4.
        however we decided that the best way we can do is to go for a seperate
release. at the beginning we will spend some time with writing documentations
and raw design. lateron we will take the time to stablize following parts:
- core api
- tables
- queries
- reports
and hold "forms", "scriping" and "calculations" until the 2nd release.

we think that the first release is ready in mid october. that would give us
time to stabelize the api, what we would have to do until june can be done
until august (after nove hrady).

after that we would syncronize with koffice 1.4 again.

lucijan

p.s. dear moderator can you authorize my new "lucijan@kde.org" address? thank
you