List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: karbon/umbrello
From:       rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl
Date:       2003-05-07 7:38:17

Hi,

> Child classes of KanvasElements, or VObjects, I agree with VGroup, VText.
> am not quite sure about VPath,
> VEllipse, VRectangle. IMHO there should be implemented application
> specific

Maybe I was not clear, but I see VPath/VComposite as part of the base
classes, and VEllipse, VRectangle as part of the app specific classes.
Ofcourse if it turns out VRectangle is very useful outside of karbon, we
could move it to shared base classes.

> classes, like for UML class views.
> I don't really like a "KanvasUMLClassView inherits from VPath" class
> hierarchy.

You dont have to inherit. You can also have a VPath as a member var. For
instance you could make perhaps a class diagram graphic by composing in
the class one VPath for the outlining box, and VText for the text inside
the box. The important thing is that the render() method is properly
filled in and creates nice graphical output using a painter abstraction.
Cheers,

Rob.