List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KChart development
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-02 16:51:01

Hi all,

on Friday 02 May 2003 17:29, Andreas Nicolai wrote:
> I just wanted to ask whether there is someone actively developing
> KChart at the moment. I'm desperately looking for a good chart
> drawing program under linux and failed to find one yet. But if
> there would be a way to join the developer team and actively
> enhance and improve KChart I really would be pleased to hear
> from you.

As written (in PM) to Andreas I probably *ought* to contribute
considerably more time and brain to KChart development!
(and I kind of feel guilty for having done literally nothing in that
 area since ages)

The current situation is that KD Chart can do *lots* of things a KChart
user has no idea about since the KChart configuration dialogs cover only
about 50% (or less) of the configuration options by KD Chart.

Also - and this is of equal importance - I did not update the KChart
sources since quite a while: the reason for this is that we actively
prepared our KD Chart 1.0 release and all development time and brain
was put on getting this done.

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>