List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpreadCell question
From:       Per Winkvist <per.winkvist () telia ! com>
Date:       2003-04-30 16:54:38

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 April 2003, Andres Norbert wrote:
> yes, this is a bug. updateDepends should be ignored. I will apply the patch
> for you.

Thanks

> However if you really want to speedup the csv filter you should join us in
> redesigning KSpread.

I have limited time :(

> If you import 30.000 lines with to columns it takes about 9 minutes (for me)
> just for creating the needed objects. Parsing the data in the file and
> shifting it in the objects just takes a few seconds.

Importing 30'000 lines with data in almost all 5 columns take about 5 seconds
here when setCellText() honors updateDepends... Otherwise 9 minutes sounds
familiar :=)

Before setCellText() called update() => setCalcDirtyFlag() =>
setRegionPaintDirty() which does 50 million calls to QRect::contains() which
was where most of the time was spent I think.

> Right now we are planning this redesign privately. Maybe we can do a task
> breakdown and publish open tasks for that (all for 1.4).

That sounds very good since it can attract new developers...

Thanks,
	Per