List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: fontnames
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-04-22 10:43:10

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 19:54, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> Such a command:
> fc-list|sort|cut -f 1 -d ":" |uniq
> shows my fonts:
> (...)
> Hershey\-Gothic\-English
> Hershey\-Gothic\-German
> Hershey\-Gothic\-Italian
> Hershey\-Plain\-Duplex\-Italic
> Hershey\-Plain\-Duplex
> Hershey\-Plain\-Triplex\-Italic
> Hershey\-Plain\-Triplex
> Hershey\-Script\-Complex
> Hershey\-Script\-Simplex
> (...)
> Verdana
> (...)

Is that the X server font list, or the Xft font list?
Hmm, I guess the former, since I get something like:

Luxi Serif:style=Regular
Utopia:style=Bold Italic
Nimbus Sans L:style=Regular Italic
Hershey\-Gothic\-English:style=Regular
Davis:style=Regular
URW Palladio L:style=Roman
Century Schoolbook L:style=Bold Italic
Luxi Serif:style=Bold
Bazaronite:style=Regular
Brand New:style=Regular
Fixed:style=Bold

> But in KWord's font selection drop down list I have:
> (...)
> Hershey
> (...)
> Verdana
> (...)
> gothic-english
> gothic-german
> gothic-italian
> end so on.

> Moreover, in Format->Font... dialog it looks like this:
> (...)
> Hershey
> Hershey-gothic-english
> Hershey-gothic-german
> Hershey-gothic-italian
> (...)
> Verdana
> (...)

Hmm, those two things are supposed to use the same list of fonts (QFontDatabase).
This sounds like a bug in KFontCombo !?!?!?

Anyway: if your X server has the RENDER extension, try recompiling Qt with
libXft support.

- --
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer