List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord's OOWriter export filter
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-03-15 22:49:14

I have tried to make a OOWriter export filter out of KWord's AbiWord export
filter.

It is not as good, as I thought it might get but I think that it could be a
start. (Warning: do not use for serious stuff! It even crashes the import
filter!)

I would prefer if someone could take over the maintainanceship, as I have not
OOWriter installed on my system.

For people wanting to develop this filter, it is of the same kind as the HTML
and RTF export filters and those filters could even have interesting code for
this filter. I am especially thinking about <text:p> versus <text:h> that
could be taken from HTML (<p> versus <h1>---<h6>)

The code that need to be done is in #if 0 or has tags with an abiword
namespace. Please also check the fo namespace, as I have put all CSS into fo
without checking. It is especially style handling, page size handling,
variables...

Have a nice day/evening/night!