List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: RTF specification
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-03-12 13:02:40

On śro 12. marca 2003 13:34, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 13:13, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> > But <var> in this case is kind of reference to paragraph (such as "Table
> > 1. Some description" placed under the table) or variable. This could be
> > done by extending links to be able to access properties of bookmarked
> > text and paragraph containg it.
>
> Variables, rather than links.

Links with variable text to an autonumbering variable?

> > So it has little to do with lists (but is of course very useful).
>
> Well it's all you need under a table/picture/equation, isn't it?

And something like: "Picture <chapter number>.<number of picture in this
chapter>. Some description"? Then <chapter number> would need to be link with
variable text to autonumbering variable inside chapter heading and <number of
picture in this chapter> would need to be an autonumbering variable (resetted
on chapter headings).

> > What do you mean by autonumbering? In the above case 3 sets of
> > autonumbering variables would be needed, am I right? Is this idea going
> > to be applied to all kinds of numbering in KWord (like normal lists and
> > footnotes/endnotes) or just this "special case"?
>
> OO uses it for this "special case" only.

Tomek