List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: RTF specification
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-03-12 12:13:31

On wto 11. marca 2003 18:06, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 15:08, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> > >
> > > Which ones for instance?
> >
> > For instance:
> > 1. pict one
> > 2. pict two
> > 1) table one
> > 2) table two
> > 3. pict three
> > (1). equation one
> > 3) table three
> > (2). equation two
> > 4. pict four
>
> Those aren't "lists" as in "consecutive numbered paragraphs", but rather
> can be considered paragraphs with an autonumbered variable in them.
>
> The advantage of considering them that way is that you can even say
> "in table <var> you'll see blah blah", where <var> is replaced with "1)".
> This is the OO way of doing it (remember my forward a few months ago),
> and I suggest that we do the same in KWord. If you see a good reason why
> not, then now is the perfect time to say why (so that I can raise the issue
> in the OASIS discussion).

But <var> in this case is kind of reference to paragraph (such as "Table 1.
Some description" placed under the table) or variable. This could be done by
extending links to be able to access properties of bookmarked text and
paragraph containg it. So it has little to do with lists (but is of course
very useful).
What do you mean by autonumbering? In the above case 3 sets of autonumbering
variables would be needed, am I right? Is this idea going to be applied to
all kinds of numbering in KWord (like normal lists and footnotes/endnotes) or
just this "special case"?

> (Anyway, I fail to see why this special case means that the RTF import
> filter shouldn't support lists at all - in case of normal consecutive lists
> or hierarchical headings).
This is _one_ reason (and not the main one). The other is that I don't have
enough time (Abitur(de)/school final exam(en)/matura(pl) in May and
university entrance exams in July).

Tomek