List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Mathematics with koffice
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2003-03-11 22:07:12

> If you'd like to give kengineer a try (I would be glad if you did)
> you'd need the current cvs versions of both koffice and
> octave. kengineer can be found here:
> http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~uk327083/kengineer.tar.bz2  Build
> instructions are included.
>
> There are also a few screenshots:
> http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~uk327083/kengineer-matrix.png
> http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~uk327083/kengineer-pyth.png

WOW!!!
I do some scientific research in area of heat transfer now and I really
lack something like that. All my friends from mechanical engineering
department would highly appreciate that feature. I ofter hear "why I
can't do evaluations in MS equation working in word?". So IHMO kengineer
is the required addition for koffice.

> But on the other hand the majority of kword
> users won't ever have a need for evaluated formulas. So kengineer
> must be a pluggin. (kword itself must not depend on octave.)
Our majority in the university doesn't like much msword + msequation,
and doesn't like at all oowriter + oomath,
so a working kword + kengineer would be the right thing.

> I don't know though if such pluggins are possible and if so how to
> build them. I'll need your help with that, dear reader.
If I only had some time :(

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department