List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread internals
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2003-03-09 12:54:15

Hi,

so switch to hierachical styles in KSpread is basically done and the GUI works
as well. So there will be no incompatible changes to the file format anymore.
(At least I don't plan to do any :-)

If you want to work on performance issues in KSpread:
I added a new class to kspread_global.h. With this class you can find out
easily how much time we spend in a block/method. Usage:

void methodA()
{
   ElapsedTime( "methodA" );
   <some code here>

   if (... )
   {
      ElapsedTime( "methodA - if" );
   }

}

When the object gets destructed it prints the elapsed time in milliseconds:

Output:
(methodA - if) Elapsed time (in milliseconds): 53
(methodA) Elapsed time (in milliseconds): 123

This makes it a little bit easier to see where we spend our time...
We should remove this class before RC1.

I plan to work on shared automatic styles too (right now only builtin and
custom styles are shared), so there are more optimizations to come.
KSpread document files are already much smaller now and I will continue to
work on that.

Regards
Norbert