List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread usage warning
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2003-03-06 22:24:40

Ok, the first version is checked in.
It is not save to use CVS Head it right now. Although everything gets saved
correctly, loading has a bug.
This one will be fixed by tomorrow (night - CET or later:-)).

Things done so far:
- builtin style support
- custom style support
(which can both be shared by cells, edited and deployed)
- automatic styles (which are not shared, but can have parent styles, which
can be shared)
- style manager dialog
- create style from cell as a template
- default styles are used in constructors of cells, rows and columns

There is a speedup you can notice e.g. when inserting a series:
Inserting a series of 1500 numbers takes now 28 % of the time it took before
(at least on my system) - I'm really happy about this.
I already started to optimize the csv import to take advantage of custom
styles.

Missing features/bugs:
lost - you have to redeploy manually)
- you can't delete styles yet
- you can't add new styles from scratch yet
I will fix all these things in the next few days.

If you want can put in changes to the files mentioned below again. I won't be
doing another change that impacts > 2000 lines of existing code.

Norbert