List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Custom page size in QPrinter
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-25 20:58:47

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 18:00, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I was made aware that there is not any way to define a page size dimension
> (height, width) when QPrinter::Custom is selected as page size in QPrinter.
>
> This make that you cannot define page size not known by QT (like for
> example ISO C6.)

Nicolas,

First, thanks for writing this to QT.

Second, now that we are aware of this topic, we should do something in current
koffice/cvs.
As the settings makes basically sense (e.g. in KSpread it defines how many
columns fit on a page), we shouldn't remove the option completely.

OTOH keeping it unchanged, we will have "confused" users, as paper size is not
adjusted in ps files and we may get broken output, if custom size > DIN A4.

So should we:
a) Disable it completely (for me no option)
b) Resize the output to a defined size > custom size (still confusing)
c) show a messagebox explaining this to the user
d) keep it as it is
e) ?

Philipp