List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord Filters not saving floating images
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-02-12 11:03:57

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 22:11, David Faure wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 16:21, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > You are right. I see that in section 2.6.11, page 100 that OOWriter's
> > text documents all frames must always have an anchor.
>
> But this anchor can be at the character level, at the paragraph level,
> or at the page/document level, no? (This is what I remember from using OO a
> bit) The latter case is just like kword's non-inline frames.

Yes, from what I have understood from the documentation.

> > I am just noticing that Karbon does the same as KWord without having a
> > libexport.
>
> Yes, and the CSV import and/or export for kspread uses the KoDocument too,
> mainly for speed reasons...
>
> > Sure losing koconverter possibility is grave. However the external use is
> > already limited: need for QT,
>
> System lib nowadays ;)
>
> > need of X-Window
>
> Ah, because of QApplication?
>
> > dialogs (no automated conversions.)
>
> That's a *bug*. We have to find a way to fix it.
> We need a bool "noDialogs" that koconverter would set,
> but we also need either that filters assume some defaults,
> or that somehow koconverter gets generic options from the command-line
> and passes them to the filter.

I have noticed that we will have the same problem with error messages. Those
too must be "changed" in batch mode.

As for koconverter, I had thought about something like (for the plain text
export filter)
koconverter --batch --parameter=endofline,crlf text.kwd text.txt

--batch to force non-interactive mode and --parameter to give parameters to
the filter (as a QMap<QString,QString> )

Have a nice day/evening/night!