List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Limiting the file formats used by KoPicture (KWord/KPresenter)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-02-06 15:21:08

I have never written that I do not want easy switching between KOffice and MS
Office,

But there is a big difference on what a KOffice application may using
internally or as file formats and what a KOffice filter may use/provide as
file formats.

For example KWord uses its own format and not MS Word's one. But a future MS
Word export filter for KWord will do all the needed changes, including
picture conversion (like the RTF export filter is converting for example a
TIFF image to a PNG image.) So it could also convert any picture to BMP
images, if the developers thinks that it is necessary.

Have a nice day/evening/night!