List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New Kivio maintainer
From:       Rob Buis <rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-20 21:41:17

Hi,

> Now that kivio uses KoRuler, I wanted to revisit this again... however
> kivio hangs on startup for me.

I had the same problem. IIRC I had to delete a kivio rc file to get it
going...

> Originally, when I wanted to add guides to Krita, Kivio rulers seemed like
> the way to go.  They supported more types of measures (no longer true it
> seems), furthermore the placing of the text looked more "spiffy" when
> zooming out to say something like 1/16.
>
> Again, I only compared the rulers when using KWord vs Kivio.  It's quite
> possible KoRuler supports more options for text layout.
>
> It seemed to me that KoRuler looked better for applications whose contents
> are text while koCanvasRuler for those who weren't.
>
> Another thing that bottered me with a vertical KoRuler, (again this is
> based on observations of KWord, it doesn't mean it holds true for KoRuler)
> was that text was displayed horizontally.

 Well IMHO it looks pretty good (koRuler). I'll try KoCanvasRuler as well
though. I can only see it in action using krita so far?
 One thing that didnt seem well with the rulers in kivio were that it seemed
to flicker quite a bit. Does KoCanvasRuler have the same problem?
Cheers,

Rob.