List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule for KOffice 1.3
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-01-14 17:41:01

It depend on what you see as minor and as major upgrades.

Personnaly for a KOffice 2.0, I am missing:
- control over Postscript output (we currently leave it to QT.)
- font replacement. (One user has not the same fonts as the other, but they
might exchange documents. I also include here the bitmap font problem.)
- good import and export to/from MS Office.
- good import and export to/from OpenOffice.
- good import and export to/from HTML or at least to/from XHTML. (I suppose
that import is limited to KWord.)
- good SVG support (not only in Karbon.)
- version control (especially in KWord.)

That are the major problems that I see for a version number 2.0. (I also see a
few less major ones.)

So may be KOffice is getting better and better but it has still major
challenges in front of it.

Have a nice day/evening/night!