It depend on what you see as minor and as major upgrades. Personnaly for a KOffice 2.0, I am missing: - control over Postscript output (we currently leave it to QT.) - font replacement. (One user has not the same fonts as the other, but they might exchange documents. I also include here the bitmap font problem.) - good import and export to/from MS Office. - good import and export to/from OpenOffice. - good import and export to/from HTML or at least to/from XHTML. (I suppose that import is limited to KWord.) - good SVG support (not only in Karbon.) - version control (especially in KWord.) That are the major problems that I see for a version number 2.0. (I also see a few less major ones.) So may be KOffice is getting better and better but it has still major challenges in front of it. Have a nice day/evening/night! On Tuesday 14 January 2003 00:17, Sarang Lakare wrote: > Why is the version numbered 1.3 and not 2.0? > > I think the difference in functionality and time between the releases is > too great and it should be 2.0. > > If we name it 1.3, then people might think that the upgrade is just a minor > upgrade. > > Regards, > Sarang _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel