List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule for KOffice 1.3
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-13 3:06:08

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 02:51 pm, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > - please add entries for new/improved filters (Nicholas?)
>
> KWord:
> - new RTF export filter (still a few features missing compared to th old
> one.) - new MS Word import filter
>
> There are surely more...

1. Portable implementation of the MS Write import filter
2. New MS Write export filter (yes, MS _Write_, not MS Word).  Write may be an
old format but it is supported by Word and supports a reasonable amount of
formatting (except tables).
3. List and table support for Plain Text Export filter

Yes, this is all vapourware but I assure you that it's all sitting on my hard
disk right now, almost ready for comitting :)

> > What could be the major goals of this version[1]?
> > - get more and better looking templates (this is a must IMHO)
> > - new icons? (I've heard the artists are making some new crystal icons
> > exclusively for KOffice)
> > - incorporate/finish Krita/Karbon, make sure they work consistently with
> > the rest of apps (drag'n'drop, copy&paste, etc.)
> > - find a _real_ maintainer for Kivio
>
> - better MS Office compactibility
compatibility - compactibility means "can be squashed" (sorry, just nitpicking
:)).

Clarence

BTW, Nicolas, I'm going to try that RTF thing you suggested with the BMP and
get back to you tomorrow (Internet access is expensive here).