List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule for KOffice 1.3
From:       Peter Simonsson <psn () linux ! se>
Date:       2003-01-12 18:14:53

On Sunday 12 January 2003 13.29, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> Hello dear KOffice developers,
Hi

> What could be the major goals of this version[1]?
> - get more and better looking templates (this is a must IMHO)
> - new icons? (I've heard the artists are making some new crystal icons
> exclusively for KOffice)
> - incorporate/finish Krita/Karbon, make sure they work consistently with
> the rest of apps (drag'n'drop, copy&paste, etc.)
> - find a _real_ maintainer for Kivio

I have started to work on Kivio, so mayby I could be called a _real_
maintainer. :)

> Since I have little idea about the graphic apps we have, I'd appreciate
> some status info about the current state of Krita, Karbon and Kontour (and
> also KExi). If an app lacks an active maintainer and is unfinished/broken,
> it will get moved to kdenonbeta (seems to be the case for Kontour or
> KoSoap).

Well I have started to move Kivio to use the KOffice libs instead of it's own
internal one and should begin commits real soon now(tm). I hope that atleast
the move should be done before 1.3. Ofcourse will I fix the bugs I find will
doing the move :)

> Last but not least, I'd like to thank David Faure for having been a
> wonderful maintainer of the past few KOffice versions. I hope I'll manage
> to pull some tasks off his back so he can concentrate on more interesting
> (and
> important[2]) things, thanks David!

Yes. a big thank you to David.

--