List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule for KOffice 1.3
From:       Rob Buis <rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-12 12:58:17

Hi,

> I just posted a first and very preliminary schedule for the upcoming
> version of KOffice (1.3) which is available at, as usually, at
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.3-release-plan.html

Will look at it when its synced :)

> - please take some time and update the webpage for your application; take
> some great screenshots, update the information about current version,
> features, maintainers etc (most stuff is _really_ outdated!!!)

 Yes, hopefully we'll find some time to do this for karbon.

> - incorporate/finish Krita/Karbon, make sure they work consistently with
> the rest of apps (drag'n'drop, copy&paste, etc.)

 Good point. What items were you thinking of for dragging/dropping? Whole
vector graphics would be hard to drag to for instance kword, unless it would
create an embedded (karbon) child maybe.

> Since I have little idea about the graphic apps we have, I'd appreciate
> some status info about the current state of Krita, Karbon and Kontour (and
> also KExi). If an app lacks an active maintainer and is unfinished/broken,
> it will get moved to kdenonbeta (seems to be the case for Kontour or
> KoSoap).

 Status of karbon is that its going well, but more help is always appreciated
:) Lenny and myself have agreed its better if I take maintainership of
karbon, due to various reasons. Lenny will probably work mostly on the core
path code.

> Last but not least, I'd like to thank David Faure for having been a
> wonderful maintainer of the past few KOffice versions. I hope I'll manage
> to pull some tasks off his back so he can concentrate on more interesting
> (and
> important[2]) things, thanks David!

Yes, thanks David!
Cheers,