List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kpresenter] HTML Slideshow improvements
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-12-25 11:24:35

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 05:24, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> Wizard with sidebar image can't always have perfect layout, check for
> instance KPersonalizer. OTOH, I'm waiting for Everaldo for better image, or
> perhaps somebody else want to volunteer ?

I didn't mean the image in the wizard. But on the second page (Step 2) I have
to resize the window to see the option for 'Default enconding'.

> I think we can have 'Apply' and 'Apply To All' buttons but that's make the
> dialog a bit horrible (usability expert will complain loud). Another option
> is to make transition effect as floating tool (can be optionally docked),
> with 'Preview', 'Apply', and 'Apply To All' buttons. Then we don't need the
> small slide preview because we can just simply preview it on the mainview
> (optionally also full-screen preview).
> Any better idea ?

What about a checkbox with "Apply transition to all slides"?
I personally am not used to work with floating tools. In OpenOffice I always
tend to close them directly after launching the program. I have the feeling
they are always in my way...

> > Also the 'Configure pages'-dialog should no longer contain the
> > settings for the transition effect.
>
> Yes, I'll simplify that dialog (and possibly change it to Configure Slide
> Show).

What about moving it to 'Settings' -> 'Configure KPresenter' as it is more a
application-setting than a presentation-setting?

	Percy :-)