List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Status of mime types
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-12-21 22:27:58

Following mime types have now been changed to be defined in kdelibs/mimetypes
(in KDE CVS HEAD) and in koffice/mimetypes/kde31 (for KDE 3.1.x):

application/vnd.palm (was formerly not installed)
application/vnd.sun.xml.impress (former application/x-ooimpress)
application/vnd.sun.xml.writer (former application/x-oowriter)
application/x-kudesigner (exists already in KOffice 1.2.x)
application/x-magicpoint
application/x-vnd.kde.kexi (former application/x-kexi)
image/x-vnd.trolltech.qpicture (new)

Following mime types remain to be treated:

* application/x-kplato
It should become application/x-vnd.kde.kplato but I am delaying the change
until a decision about a new file extension.

* application/x-kugarmixed
It exists only in kdelibs CVS HEAD. I am still  not sure how to rename it.

* application/x-soap
I am not sure about this one. Is SOAP something of KDE or it is something
non-KDE? As it seems that it is not, I am planning not to rename the mime
type but to move only the .desktop file.

Have a nice day/evening/night!