List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kspread] formatting design
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-15 8:38:02

> My concern is only, that for each created cell, we don't waste pointer
> space. I only don't want to have like 5 pointers to styles for background,
> border,... but only 1 to the style manager (which itself cares about
> background, border,...).

I'll take the case of KSpreadValue here, for the sake of clarity and avoid
misunderstanding.

For each cell, we have member object for the value (of KSpreadValue class).
Looking at the KSpreadValue class, there's only one private member pointer,
thus sizeof KSpreadValue is 8 bytes (actual depends on the system).

OTOH if each cell holds a pointer to KSpreadValue, the additional size will be
12 bytes: 4 bytes (for the pointer) plus 8 bytes (the instance/object of
KSpreadValue itself),