List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KPresenter's Webpresentation
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-12-11 8:00:30

Having looked into KPresenter's file webpresentation.cc , I have noticed a few
subtle errors.

The subtle errors that I have found are:
- title can be chosen by user, but the encoding declaration meta tag is after
the title, so in fact the title cannot have characters of the chosen
encoding.
- characters not in the chosen encoding are not escaped.
- special XML characters ( <, >, &, ") are not escaped at all.
- QString::arg is used with multiple user defined strings. If a user specifies
for any reason a sequence number (for example %2) the result might not be
what is expected.

(I am also unsure if a <P> element is allowed in a <BLOCKQUOTE> element.)

The solution is quite easy, as KWord's HTML export filter has had to go around
those problems too. ;-) As for QString::arg, I plan to change everything to
QTextStream, which avoids to create a potentially big QString.

As I am going to fix them, I am asking if I can add a XHTML 1.0 modus to
webpresentation. That would mean that the HTML tags would be in lower case
instead of being currently in upper case. (HTML do not care, XHTML wants
lower case tags only.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!