List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [kspread] - KSpreadCell simplification
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-10 23:14:45

Hello list,

A question for KSpread people -- does anyone see any problems/conflicts with
your work if I were to move the KSpreadCell::makeLayout function and its
helper functions to a new class (and possibly break it into smaller functions
like I did with paintCell a while back)?

Besides code simplification, this has the advantage of slimming down size of
each cell a small bit.  There are some member variables that are set by this
function and then used by the painting routine.  However there is no need to
store them in the cell because they are used right after they are calculated
and then must be recalculated on virtually any change to the cell.

So far I've identified the following variables as possibly needing removed:
m_nbLines
m_dTextX
m_dTextY
m_dOutTextWidth
m_dOutTextHeight
m_fmAscent
m_strOutText (maybe -- need to be sure on this one)

BTW, I've indended this on the head branch, not the bug-fix branch.

Any comments/problems with this idea?

-John