List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: wv2 works pretty good
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-08 10:57:11

On Sunday 08 December 2002 11:35, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 07 December 2002 13:38, Werner Trobin wrote:

::snip::

> >  (or at least a pattern with more than one character to allow the
> > formatting to change within a field)?
> Hmm! That's very different. No, KWord doesn't allow that. The "text"
> attribute is plain text, not formatted text. I would find this a bit hackish
> (how would KWord handle changes in the field's value? If you have
> Monday December 09, and you make "Monday" bold, then you
> update the field another day, it becomes Wednesday ... if KWord stored
> "the first 6 characters are bold", then it'll end up being <b>Wednes</b>day.
> Of course for this particular case it's about words, but not always.....
> I think that, generally speaking, if someone wants this, he should simply
set
> up different fields (this particular case is doable with the custom date
formats,
> inserting two variables next to each other).

I think right now we should try to do the following:
- Fields which are easy to map are replaced by KWord fields and all the
formatting is dropped
- Fields we don't support are just copied over as formatted text, KWord
doesn't know about their special "meaning". Of course the field command (the
first part of a field) is erased for these fields.

Ciao,
Werner