List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: libkspreadexport
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-01 23:32:57

Ok, I just commited the lib and the framework.
the lib is in koffice/filters/kspread/libkspreadexport/
and the framework is in koffice/filters/kspread/excel/

It's not well documented, but easy to understand. The framework has callbacks
you can (probably must) reimplement for the creation of the Excel doc.
As an argument you will get a QMap object with all kind of data for the
callback. The names of the key in the map are lower case strings, explicit
enough to guess what it is. The value associated are always string, and can
be converted to underlaying value with the QString object (encoded to string
this way too). The exception are boolean, converted as "true" or "false".
Using a QMap object makes it slower (lot of QString translations), but I guess
it's no big deal for an export filter. The good thing about it is the
document can evolve as well as the library without having to update all the
filters.

2 big things are missing for the worked, I will add them when someone need
them, it's the KLocale associated to the doc, as well as the ListArea.
Also, nothing for embedded objects yet. So far I just don't know how it works.

Well, it's not much, but it should hide the "gather data in the kspread
classes" part for all kspread export filters.

Fred.

PS: I don't know if I'm supposed to update any makefile in parent directories,
so I haven't done anything there. So you need to do explicitly a make in
those two directories for now.