It is always the same problem. KDE needs some stuff, KOffice suffers the=20 consequences. (And always without warning.) If really automake 1.5 is out of scope for BSD, you should talk to Stepha= n=20 Kulow ( mailto:coolo@kde.org ) and CC the Core Devel Mailing List=20 mailto:kde-core-devel@kde.org because you would need it too to build KDE = 3.2=20 (Stephan made the change.) However as KOffice 1.3 is supposed to be after KDE 3.2 as far as I know, = I do=20 not know if it is really important or not. (Automake is much easier to up= date=20 compared to for example QT.) Have a nice day/evening/night! On Saturday 30 November 2002 14:25, Andy Fawcett wrote: > Hi, > > Yesterday, support for automake 1.5 was removed from KDE's admin/ > directory. > > This is meant for 3.2, but since koffice uses the shared admin/ folder, > it is not currently possible to build any of KDE/KOffice HEAD on > FreeBSD. This is because we do not have an automake newer than 1.5 in > the ports tree :( > > Now, as a developer, I can hack a 1.7 into my system with no major > problem, but it does leave me wondering if some special care is needed > in the cvs versions of KDE/Koffice because of the differing release > cycles. > > Note, I'm not saying that the change is wrong, after all 1.5 is pretty > old now, and we really do need a newer automake in FreeBSD anyway. > > Andy _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel