List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread filters
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-11-22 10:35:59

It would perhaps better not to use KoDocument but to store the values in the
KSpread document. It has been discussed a few times, people have told that it
should be done but it seems that it has never been implemented (at least, the
filters never used it.)

The problems of using KSpread directly are multiple;
- it makes extra code in the filter system just for KSpread
- you cannot use koconverter with KSpread export filters
- it makes global KOffice export filters nearly impossible, for example to be
able to export a complete document (Word with KSpread object for example) to
HTML (which we cannot do now.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!