List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kspread filters
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-22 3:57:08

Hi,

Today I came up with an architecture for the kspread filters. Then I had a
look at libexport for kword, and I realized it was very similar from what I
wanted to do.
So, I believe I will do something similar to libexport, and I will port few
existing kspread filters under it.

I have one problem though. All the kspread filters (tell me if I'm wrong) read
directly KoDocument. I understood it would be better to read the info from
the native format.
But with kspread, the problem is when you have formulas, sometimes you want to
export the values only, not the formula (for instance, html, csv filters).
There is no way to get the value from the native format (unless recalculating
the value), right?
So, is it acceptable to use KoDocument directly?

Thanks,
Fred.