List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Minimum size of embedded documents
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-20 20:50:20

Sorry,

took me some time for a different bug fix.

Am Dienstag, 19. November 2002 10:18 schrieb David Faure:

> > KWord partly: KWord has a solid frame border around each object, so the
> > user sees and can mark the border (here it is 3 + 2 * 1 already).
> >
> > KPresenter not. KP has the border as well as the possibility to start
> > with the mouse a frame, which selects all embedded objects/frames,
> > regardless of the size of the object.
>
> Ah I see what you mean.
> Hmm maybe the correct fix for this is to implement those modes of selection
> (in particular rectangular selection) in other apps :-)

Yes, I thought about this one too.
What would be the common usage? Shift-Ctrl-(left)mouseClick for the start?
Alt-mouseClick should be something different in KWord (selecting a rect in the
floating text. Ever tried this with MS Word?).

Please consider, we cannot use the simple click in KSpread, this is already
used.

Of course, just something for 1.3 and this will need some time.

> > See patch. Maybe the #define should be more central and/or have a more
> > descriptive name.
>
> Would be better as a static int of the class, indeed, so that the koffice
> apps can request for it, and implement the same minimum when inserting new
> embedded objects...

Which class do you mean? I have 3 classes, 2 derived from QObject (handler in
kocore and in kspread), and 1 derived from QWidgets (koFrame).
Or do you mean a new class with this one value only?