List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Zip problems (Re: (no subject))
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-11-18 18:15:41

On Monday 18 November 2002 13:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Could you please try to replace all "memcmp" by "qstrncmp" in the file
> kdelibs/kio/kio/kzip.cpp
>
> I do not know if we have the same problem, but let check it first. (However
> this time I am not sure if it is a good fix.)

Hi Nicolas, tried this but it didn't work.

I investigated a little bit the zip fileformat and found out why KZip is not
able to read OO files. But I have no (good) idea how to fix it, maybe someone
on the list has a hint for me.

Now what I need to do is read from a QIODevice until I find a signature (4
bytes large) but the only idea I have is to read byte by byte from the device
until I found this signature. Not very effective I guess but when I read
larger chunks of data I can never be sure that one part of the signature is
in one chunk and the other part is in the next one.

So what would be an elegant way to find a signature (bytesequence) in a
QIODevice?

	Percy