List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: export excel
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-12 1:00:27

On Sunday 10 November 2002 04:24 am, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > What I want to do is an export filter for Excel 97.
> > Is there a good reason to have all the MS filters in the olefilters
> > directory?
>
> IIRC because it allows easier OLE filters which can handle embedding stuff.
> For example, MS Excel sheet inside MS Word will be imported as KSpread
> sheet embedded in KWord document.
>
> For your export filter, I suggest to put it in filters/kspread/excel97.

I briefly checked the existing filters, I think I will base my code from the
csv export filter. It seems pretty simple to start with, and the code is easy
to understand.

Actually, I believe my filter should go in koffice/filters/kspread/excel97
I don't plan to do any OLE stuff for now.
Just a clean export for data, presentation (font faces, colors, ...) and
formulas. At least in the first version.

Is that right?

Fred.