List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: export excel
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-09 20:53:19

I download the cvs of koffice to have a look at the filters.
I've got few questions already.

There are 2 directories for Excel filters:
koffice/filters/excel97 <-- this one is empty
and
koffice/filters/olefilters/excel97 <-- this one contains the import filter for
Excel 97.

What I want to do is an export filter for Excel 97.
Is there a good reason to have all the MS filters in the olefilters directory?
Anyway, I don't have write access to cvs, so I will post a patch on this list,
is that the way to go?

I will go ahead and start the export filter from scratch.
That will eliminate any licensing issue.
Also that means it will not be in sync with other projects (Apache POI,
Gnumeric).
I work on other projects too, so don't expect it to be a fast developement.

By the way, I believe Gnumeric has an export filter for Excel. Is it under
GPL? Anybody ever looked into this?

Thanks,
Fred.