List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New RTF export filter for KWord
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-07 10:44:26

> I have nothing against grouping at all. I think only that it is not enough.
> What happens if, say in RTF 2.0, \color and \word are defined (of course
> with a totally other meaning.) How do you write these new behaviours for
> KWord's RTF import filter while keeping the behaviours that you are
> introducing now? (As far as I know, the import filter supports a keyword
> being in a context, but not a keyword being in any of two contexts.)

I think I got your points. I agree that using prefix like kword or kw is the
best solution for this.
However, since I think I'm not sure whether "polluting" RTF with our own
keyword is The Good Thing or not, I just won't implement this in the near
future. Maybe you or  Tomasz (or even David) could give more outlook on this.

> EPS, yes and no. Yes, because you use KImageIO/QImageIO. However, the
> dot/inch ratio is fixed by the EPS kimgio. (That is why it prints so
> badly.)
> WMF, no! But as RTF knows WMF, you have no need to convert it.
When testing WMF export I just realized that my test won't work. I have a
KWord document which has embedded WMF file but the exported RTF is only text
in MS Word. I don't know what's wrong with this, but from looking at RTF from
MS Word and doing a quick compare to KWord's RTF, seems that there are
additional bytes in the image data itself. If I manually remove the first 30
hex chars (or 15 bytes) then MS Word can import and display the WMF picture
without problem. Any hints?

--
:: a r i y a  h i d a y a t :: ariya@kde.org