List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New RTF export filter for KWord
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-04 14:00:58

> I think that all private keywords should start with "kword". Otherwise, you
> might get a conflict if a reader knows the same keyword outside a kword
> context (with unexpected behaviours of course.) This could happen if the
> reader knows some private extension of its own or if one of the keyword
> that we have used becomes a RTF keyword (with probably another meaning.)

Hmm, I prefer "grouping" KWord-specific mark-up, just like my previous example
(\uld{\*\kword{\color2\word}}). According to the spec, all mark-up grouped in
- i.e {\color2\word} - should be ignored if the reader doesn't understand
that.

Btw, I also found that sometimes OpenOffice produces its own RTF mark-up, for
example \*\pgbrk0 to denote "page break after" for paragraph settings. As
it's known, RTF only supports "page break before". This indeed could be
useful :-P

> QImage is nice, but you cannot use it at least with WMF. That is why I have
> written about KoPicture.
Hmm, I just realized that. I will modify the code to support proper WMF
original size and scaling.
Btw, this also raises another question: will convertUnknownImage work with
WMF/EPS since it uses QImageIO ? If not, then (after looking at koPicture)
maybe it's better to use generatePixmap from koPicture. What do you think ?

--
:: a r i y a  h i d a y a t :: KDE Developer, ariya@kde.org
Get KOffice 1.2: http://www.koffice.org/releases/1.2-release.phtml