List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Vector format/metafile for KOffice (Re: [Karbon14] misc)
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-30 19:35:40

> |  Or as you tell, the support could come from Karbon. But here too we
have
> | no support in KoPicture for it.

> Or someone can write KPart wrapper using librsvg2.
> Pls check attached svgdisplay.c (which is not perfect, I just use it for
> conversion, it's tweaked version of rsvg_display.c)
> All rendering is done using one system call.
> Is it extremly difficult to put it into KPart?  Than at least Konq would
be
> able to show SVG files.

Perhaps it would suffice to use rsvg for doing a kimageio import filter for
SVG files?
I think this is missed currently, too?
And because KImages are static, rsvg would suffice for the task (beside o
some ugly dependencies like to glib and Pango)

> |  The whole "unified picture" stuff was made to keep the original picture
> | file,

> Which is Good, but I think WMF converted to SVG is Better.
> An dthis can be done today, as libwmf2 supports such functionality (see
> wmf2svg utility from it)

KoPictureWMF exists, so there is no use in removing it befor no substitution
exists.

The question is: is KSVG or some other current SVG implementation in KDE
useful for implementing the missing features for SVG support, i.e. something
like KoPictureSVG and kimageio_svg?

Regards
Dirk