List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: SVG - WMF
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-10-30 18:16:45

I think message below pretty well complements what we were discusisng in
 "Vector format/metafile for KOffice (Re: [Karbon14] misc)"
thread

Cheers,

Vadim

Subject: Re: [magick-users] SVG - WMF
Date: Wednesday 30 October 2002 8:12 pm
From: Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To: Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr@lazerware.com>
Cc: Hans Stoessel <hstoessel@pm-medici.ch>, <magick-users@imagemagick.org>

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >Correction.  Trivially harder.  There is a portable library available
> >which emulates the Windows APIs required to create/write WMF.
> >Pstoedit is already using this today.
>
> 	Right - libwmf offers such functionality.
>
> 	However, since I would do bitmap WMF's anyway, I don't know
> how compatible it would be with that API, but certainly doable.

Wrong again. :-)

The plan (my plan) is that the draw.h APIs will be re-constituted into
a framework which supports multiple output drivers.  There will also
be a MVG parser that drives the draw.h APIs.  SVG, MVG, and WMF would
be output targets.  This would mean that vector SVG could be converted
to vector WMF.

Bob

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)