List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Vector format/metafile for KOffice (Re: [Karbon14] misc)
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-30 15:54:27

> SVG would be nice. But as long as KDE has no official SVG support, we
cannot
> do much in  KOffice.

> When KSVG will be in KDE 3.2, we will perhaps be able to do something, at
> least if KSVG is not as hermetic as KHTML.

> Or as you tell, the support could come from Karbon. But here too we have
no
> support in KoPicture for it.

> As for your idea that an inserted SVG is saved as such in KOffice, well,
that
> is what is happening if you use KoPicture (so in KWord/KPresenter.) The
> problem is that it uses QPicture, so the display is not good.

I think the problem is solveable, but there currently is a packaging
problem.
There exist several parts which exists and could be used, but they would hae
put together.
There are some missing features, like the missing support for styles in
KSVG.
Another related problem to this is that a SVG file can be assembled by
linking several external files, like an external CSS file or orther embedded
links. This could
become difficult, if you want to store the SVG content inside a KoPicture.

Regards
Dirk