List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [kspread] integrating KSpreadValue (and some ramblings)
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-30 12:26:05

hi all,

I have integrated value (KSpreadValue) into KSpreadCell and also modified
other related class to work with the new code. Some notes regarding the
modifications:
* compile error in filters. I'm working on that.
* reference functions are all disabled but Norbert already promised to help to
fix that.
* painting problem: seems *all* cells are always painted. I'm not certain if
this is because of KSpreadValue change (I didn't touch painting code).
However if this is the case, perhaps Philipp and John can help me locating
problem.

Also, I'd like to know if any other particular problems arised because this
(rather massive) change.

OTOH, perhaps a few other elements could be refactored into their own classes.
So far, 'format' is being worked on by Norbert (will be KSpreadFormat). How
about layout ? IMHO layout information (like border, color, etc) should be
kept in a different class, but it should not be the parent class for
KSpreadCell like the current situation. The advantage is being able to share
the data. Since a worksheet likely will have cells with many similar layout,
this will reduce memory consumption.

Another note, could painting stuff also be written in e.g KSpreadCellPainter
class ? All information for cell painting is already made public in
KSpreadCell (AFAIK, CMIIW) so making it in separate class should do no harm.

Comments ? Flames ?

--
Ariya, ariya@kde.org