On Tuesday 29 October 2002 14:02, Dirk Sch=F6nberger wrote: > > No, he is meaning that you can use EPS as *picture* in KWord/KPresent= er. > > (Sure, mostly you get a pixmap.) > > AFAIK a picture is non-destructive, ie. it doesn't destroy the vector d= ata > which is used to render the image. > On the other hand it is non editable, because you have no way to change= the > vector data. Yes! However, you can save the image, modify it in an external program an= d=20 insert it again in the document (by changing the picture.) > > There still exist the QPicture, containing the calls to the render API > which were used > to render the image? This meta file can later be replayed on another > QPainter. EPS does not use QPicture but QImage. That is the main reason why I had d= one=20 all the "unified picture" stuff, because it was not intuitive that EPS is= not=20 a clipart for KWord/KPresenter. > > Is a KWord picture more sucha meta file, ore merely a QImage where the > ector data, like EPS, isn't discarded? As just written it is basically a QImage, however re-scaled from the orig= inal=20 EPS file each time when a re-scaling is needed. (If it is a MS-DOS EPS fi= le,=20 the preview included in the file is not used at all.) > > Would it be useful to be able to "export" a Karbon document to a "pictu= re", > and vice versa? That is what Shaheed had proposed to do between cliparts (QPicture, WMF o= r=20 SVG) and Kontour. It has never been done, but I still think that it would= be=20 interesting (Krita could be used for non-vector formats.) > > Would it be possible to use the IMHO more powerful rendering model of > Karbon for other Office applications? This could mean that that Painter= API > should be extended, because it is not really complete? > This would also allow that a KWord picture could contains calls for the > more advanced VPainter API instead of the current QPainter API (if it > really is a QPIcture) I think that it could be possible. The class KoPicture is only a black bo= x for=20 whatever KOffice program that uses it. The real work is done by the=20 KoPictureBase-derived classes (for example KoPictureEps.) Such a KoPictureBase-derived class can be based on anything. You just nee= d to=20 be able to load the picture from a QIODevice, draw the picture on a QPain= ter=20 and extract a QPixmap out of it. Saving is simple, as we save the exactly= =20 what we have loaded (except for MS-DOS EPS files, where we only save the=20 PostScript stream.) > > Regards > Dirk Have a nice day/evening/night! > > > > > _______________________________________________ > koffice-devel mailing list > koffice-devel@mail.kde.org > http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel