List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: [Karbon14] Re: Re: Re: misc
From:       kudling () kde ! org
Date:       2002-10-28 12:55:37

> Could you please implement features in term of (K) actions, not in terms of
> "proprietary" dockers? I would really like to be able to create a "standard"
> Koffice GUI for Karbon instead of a Karbon specific GUI with its dockers and
> its toolbar.

Me too, but my prererences are in this order:
1) Make the program it usable
2) Make it comply.

It is currently not possible to plug a KAction into a ktoolbar with a
qgridwidget inside. If you write code to allow this, fine. Until that i
see no advantage for the user (make it "beautifull" code wise and suck
usability wise).

> The toolbar (the thing with the buttons instead toolbar buttons and the
> widget for setting path properties / fill and strokes) isn't really
> switchable (you may switch it via menu, but if you do this, most of Karbon
> functionality is't available anymore, because all functionality is just
> implemented in this toolbar). And at the first possible situation the

Show me any graphic application which is usable without a mouse... or
wordprocessor without a keyboard.

> I rather like the standard Koffice approach with much and much toolbars,
> which can be switched separately. Could it be possible to implement a
> similar functionality for Karbon? Please? ;)

If you write a solution which is not worse than the gui in
Illustrator... go ahead.

Bye
Lenny