List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Clipart Dialog II
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 19:33:13

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:19:23PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 24 October 2002 01:04, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > the normal (KDELibs version) of the open dialogs should be copied
> > if at all possible to give the user a familiar feeling.
> > The current dialog does that better then your suggestion.
>
> this is not the same as a file dialog at all. the similarities are cursory at
> best.

They both select a file. And since that is the main usage of the dialog I'm
not sure why you think they should be seen as different.

My ideas on GUI is that as soon as one idea has proven itself to be useful
(and thus has become familiar) it should be used elsewhere unless it can cause
confusion.

I think the ideas (and method of working) of the file-open dialog _can_ be
used for inserting clipart without causing confusion.
Don't you agree?

--
Thomas Zander