List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Clipart Dialog II
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 19:04:04

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:32:37AM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 24 October 2002 08:22, Daniel Herring wrote:
> the question is: is that where it belongs? you suggest:
>
> > 3.) Perhaps the contents of this widget are better suited to the titlebar?
> > e.g. "Clipart dialog - Karbon14" tells me very little, but "Karbon14
> > clipart - shapes, signs, and symbols" tells much more...
>
> and i think you are absolutely correct =)

The application name is still needed; as the styleguide says, then I fear
the title of the windows would be too long to be any use. I have serious
doubt that the users will look there when trying to see where they are
navigating.
Besides; the normal (KDELibs version) of the open dialogs should be copied
if at all possible to give the user a familiar feeling.
The current dialog does that better then your suggestion.
--
Thomas Zander