List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword: double click frame feature
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-10-01 7:04:20

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:48:15AM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 29 September 2002 23:26, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > A couple of days ago a new feature has been implemented; when you double
> > click a frame on either its frame or using control you get the properties
> > dialog.
> >
> > While this seems nice; I suddenly have a big problem selecting more then
> > one frame. I used to be able to select the frame behind another by using
> > the ctrl-shift buttons and click twice.
> > Or select both frames by clicking twice.
> >
> > This has gotten quite hard nowadays..
>
> That looks like a bug, obviously.
>
> > I also have a problem that in KDE (which is single click wherever it can)
> > we use double click again.
>
> Hmm? Double-click in KWord or any other text editor (or even line edit), and
> it'll select a word. Are you going to revert that too?
> The single-click vs double-click debate is for common actions (like, opening
> a directory in a file manager). But there's nothing bad in having "advanced"
> actions bound to double (and even triple) click, is there?

No, you are right :)

I was just searching for more reasons.

Anyway; I don't know how to fix the above mentioned behavior and keep the double
click functionality. The only option I see is to revert it.

Any other options? Otherwise I'll revert it tonight.
> > On a sidenote; in most KDE applications we have a 'properties' item at the
> > bottom of the popup. Only in KWord we have it as the top entry. Anyone have
> > a problem if I move it down?
>
> That's a good idea, I'd like it at the bottom too.

Done, and nice thing you did with the title of that properties diag btw. :)

--
Thomas Zander   zander@planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be