List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KChart/KSpread] OpenOffice filter
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2002-09-21 22:18:46

On Saturday 21 September 2002 23:54, Shaheed R. Haque wrote:
> > I not sure about the feature in the filter to support reading embedded
> > objects
> > so my proposal is I put native OpenChart support into KChart.
>
> Is the problem that you don't like it, or that you don't understand how to
> do it? The olefilter has code to do what you want: perhaps you could just
> steal that...it works quite nicely.

The filter looks good and seems to provide what I need - so I'll try to
integrate the opencalc filter there.
And add KChart and KFormula filter... or are there any other volunteers :-) ?
Just curious: would it be possible to read an OpenCalc file with an embedded
Excel document? (I don't know if OpenCalc supports it...)

Anyway, thank you very much for the hint (now I know what to do with my free
time on this sunday...)
Norbert